Maximizing Faith Formation
Maximizing Discipleship is two-day training facilitated by Dr. Randy Wollf. These sessions will help you develop an incarnational and prayerful approach to making disciples by journeying with others as Jesus' representative and spokesperson. You will be equipped to view ministry in a missional way while growing a passion for and developing skills in helping people follow Jesus within vibrant faith communities. You will also gain an understanding to how you can effectively live as Christ's ambassador in the Canadian context with consideration given to the plurality of faiths and cultures in our cultural mosaic. Dr. Wollf's second day of teaching will include the final six areas of the 11 essential elements of discipleship (refer to the schedule below).
The second day of training will take place on Friday, January 12, 2018 from 9:00-4:00 (PST). You can participate onsite in the Fosmark Centre on the Trinity Western University campus (Langley, BC) or via live-stream from a stable internet connection. You can also choose to combine this training with another day of training called Helping People Find Christ.
Schedule for Friday, January 12
- 09:00 – 10:20 – Biblical and Engaging Preaching and Effective Group Training (Maximum Discipleship Elements 6-7)
- 10:20 – 10:40 – Break
- 10:40 – 12:00 – Robust Small Groups and Supportive Accountability (Maximum Discipleship Elements 8-9)
- 12:00 – 13:00 – Lunch (participants can bring their own lunch or purchase it at TWU)
- 13:00 – 14:20 – Coaching/Mentoring Part 1 (Maximum Discipleship Element 10)
- 14:20 – 14:40 – Break
- 14:40 – 16:00 – Spiritual Disciplines and Coaching/Mentoring Part 2 (Maximum Discipleship Elements 10-11)
The early-bird registration rate for individuals is $45 (available until Dec 29; $55 thereafter). You can also choose to register for Helping People Find Christ (day one of the training) for a combined cost of $85 (available until Dec 29; $100 thereafter).