Helping People Find Christ
Maximizing Discipleship is two-day training facilitated by Dr. Randy Wollf. These sessions will help you develop an incarnational and prayerful approach to making disciples by journeying with others as Jesus' representative and spokesperson. You will be equipped to view ministry in a missional way while growing a passion for and developing skills in helping people follow Jesus within vibrant faith communities. You will also gain an understanding to how you can effectively live as Christ's ambassador in the Canadian context with consideration given to the plurality of faiths and cultures in our cultural mosaic. Dr. Wollf's first day of teaching will include the first five areas of the 11 essential elements of discipleship (refer to the schedule below).
The first day of training will take place on Thursday, January 11, 2018 from 9:00-4:00 (PST). You can participate onsite in the Fosmark Centre on the Trinity Western University campus (Langley, BC) or via live-stream from a stable internet connection. You can also choose to combine this training with a second day of training called Maximizing Faith Formation.
Schedule for Thursday, January 11
- 09:00 – 10:20 – Spiritual Journeys and Sharing Your Faith in Everyday Life
- 10:20 – 10:40 – Break
- 10:40 – 12:00 – What Does it Mean to Make Disciples?
- 12:00 – 13:00 – Lunch (participants can bring their own lunch or purchase it at TWU)
- 13:00 – 14:20 – Prayer Saturation and Growing Relationships (Maximum Discipleship Elements 1-2)
- 14:20 – 14:40 – Break
- 14:40 – 16:00 – Growth Orientation, Personalized Approach, and Missional Mindset (Maximum Discipleship Elements 3-5)
The early-bird registration rate for individuals is $45 (available until Dec 29; $55 thereafter). You can also choose to register for Maximizing Faith Formation (day two of the training) for a combined cost of $85 (available until Dec 29; $100 thereafter). Click here to register.